Sunday, October 3, 2010

Politics can Turn on you like a Vengeful Woman


Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. - Willy Shakespeare



This week the only woman I have ever loved, including my own mother, turned on me. She promised we would always be together. She said she wanted to be the mother of my children. I guess I should have seen it coming but I was blind. She blinded me with the promise of power and influence. She promised victory but only delivered the cold casserole of defeat.

Politics have left me for another man.

I guess I should have seen the warning signs. She started taking a subtle interest in other candidates. All of a sudden she started getting phone calls late at night but I didn't think much of it. There were other campaign signs in our garage and when I asked her about them she said that they were just friends who needed a place to stay for awhile. How could I get upset about that? It seemed innocent enough at the time.

Well as she was packing her stuff and walking away I asked her where we went wrong. She said that I wasn't meeting her needs and she needed a man who could win. I begged her to stay but she said it was too late. The primaries are less than a month away and she said she couldn't waste the best years of her life with a political failure who had illusions of grandeur.

I'm doing my best to move on but it's difficult. But I hear that religion is single again so maybe I'll give her a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment