Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Opening Act

It is with great delight and moderate surprise that I open up this blog. As many of you know, I have been anxiously engaged in raining down verbal hellfire upon my adversaries. I now bring the war to a new battlefield.
I take great pride in my work because I feel that I can give back to this fine country.
The thing I realized about blogging is you can never walk away. Its one of those jobs that society doesn't want to recognize. Its all dirt and blood.
Many people have said that blogging is only for the living-dead who roam the vast digital streets of the web late at night. And just because its a God-forsaken blackhole of information doesn't mean that the blogs should be shoddy. Sometimes people forget that. I've seen a lot in this disreputable hobby. Its stuff most people suspect but few ever see. I am one of those few but not the proud.
Friend you wouldn't last three furlongs in my world. It pulls you in though. You can't ever walk away from blogging. People think they know what that means but they don't. Not really.
The one thing that brings a mental tear to the eye of my mind is that I know with a surety that I'm not a lifer. This bittersweet symphony has an end for this blogger.
But I know that it'll never leave me. You may take the boy out of the blog but you can't take the blog out of the boy.
I remain your faithful universal critic.
Uncle Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment