Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Happy Mothers Day to Me

As mothers the world over are showered in gifts and praise today, one mother will go over-looked. This mother has given birth to one of mankind's must valuable resources. It goes without saying that I am that mother.

I don't have a mother in the traditional, limited sense of the word. I gave birth to myself and so technically that makes me a mother too. I'm a self-made man. I deserve all the praise that any mother does and maybe more because mine was more than a 9 month pregnancy. If the truth were to be told, I'm continually pregnant. I'm always being reborn and developing into a more powerful and smarter man.

I would also consider myself a mother to the world as a whole. Not only do I suckle the universe on the milk of my brilliance but I have conceived and nurtured the most diabolically well-crafted political strategies of the current century. My children won't send me flowers or even a ridiculous e-card, but anytime an enemy is crushed by one of my offspring, it's Mothers Day all over again.

Your Matron and Servant,
Uncle Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment